WordSmith 8, 64 bits (beta)
- This version runs on Windows 7, 10 and 11.
- Use your existing WS8 registration code details to register.
- It has much of the functionality but some elements are missing. It's a large download because some compacting isn't complete.
- It's a major re-write, so data formats have necessarily been re-structured. Existing WS8 saved data can be imported in .txt format. Export it in your existing WS8.
- You can create and save data in the new version. But I may need to make further structural changes. If I do, data saved using the beta you download today may not match new data saved later.
- The Help is still the existing WS8 32bit help.
- Feedback on what you like and dislike is very welcome!
184.108.40.206 (4 Jan):
- search wildcards and 1-letter concordance fix plus other search fixes
- version checking
- source text plot fix and save to RTF and clipboard
- compute concordance for Index
220.127.116.11 (21 Dec):
- wordlist Index functionality
- check version updating
64 bit version improvements
- Enhanced source text view (Concord, KeyWords) with a plot to show instances.
- Better tag handling, ability to show tags in different ways including a preferred tag attribute.
- Sentence and other text breaks can be shown in Concord lines.
- Processes UTF8 text with few disadvantages while still preferring UTF16.
- Clean new visual styles and colours.
- Uses all the PC’s memory unlike 32 bit software.
- Enhanced accuracy in counts of sentences, paragraphs etc.
- More complete notes saved with each set of data.
- Better colour handling in export to RTF, Excel, etc.
- Fix to context word search using tags (problem in WS8-32bits)